Monday, July 23, 2012

Playing With Clay: Step By Step By Step

Now, while I can point out various flaws in these two bowls, I'd rather (today) be happy that I trimmed them before they dried out too much to work with.  The temperature and the drying times have seemed to fluctuate quick a bit in the studio this summer.

These bowls should be bone dry and ready for the first firing today.  In a while, I'll see, and such anticipating is always worthwhile.

Here's an odd mask that has been glazed and is waiting for the second trip to the kiln.  I should get this one out of the kiln today, and I'm hoping for a mix of blues, greens, and browns that will suit this particular face.  Anticipation.  Even if I don't like how the piece turns out, I'll be learning something about the way the glazes worked--or didn't work--together.

Here's hoping.