Sunday, July 8, 2012

Anatomy Class: Full Figures


Here are full-figured shots of the palm-sized clay pieces I featured via partial shots in "Anatomy Class: Details".  There were 30-minute gestural exercises with live models; I probably made these pieces back in 2002 or 2003, at the latest.

Anatomy Class: sculpture mix, unglazed; copper wire; twigs.

Below I offer two shots of each figure with slightly varied lighting.  The different directions of the light source highlights slightly different features of the pieces.




I can point out numerous flaws in each piece, but I will remain silent.  I like the pieces, particularly as three-dimensional documents of my efforts to understand anatomy and clay in combination at that point in time.  I'm posting these shots of old pieces as a prod to self, a push to make that trip to the studio and work a bit.