Friday, August 3, 2012

Kiln-Ready

I must admit I had been hoping these five pieces would be out of the kiln, finished, today.   Patience, patience, I tell myself, but I haven't glazed bowls in a year . . . .


And now a side view of those same two bowls:

Total work to be considered here: six bowls and a life-sized mask.  Not pictured: A duck-head, also glazed and ready.

(I'm also awaiting bisqueware: a pizza stone and two more duck-heads.  I use the duck-heads as markers for my work.  After being formed or thrown, the work is covered with plastic to slow the drying appropriately and to keep dust and debris off, so my duck-heads immediately signal what's mine.  Sometimes I recycle those markers instead of firing them, but sometimes I like to take them all the way to glazing.  Someday, I'll have a chess set's worth.)