Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dreaming


I had meant to hit the water this past weekend, but the stormy weather kept me home. Because of the traffic and driving issues, actually. I managed two pool workouts though, so I'm placated, if not happy.

Out in the water on a stormy day? That's gravy, as long as I have a clear, doable exit.

On the highway over the Santa Cruz mountains in the pelting rain with all those fools who don't know how to drive in rain anyway? No, no thank you.

The above shot? January 8, 2012. A glorious day in Pacific Grove.

Tonight, I'm working on handouts for class (well, not right now) and reading around.

I'm rereading Hemingway's "Hills Like White Elephants" for class.

I'm reading bits from Kaui Hart Hemmings' The Descendants, an excellent novel that has been made into a film with George Clooney recently. I'm rereading bits from Linda Greenlaw's The Lobster Chronicles and Ian Rankins' The Complaints.

I'm listening to Grace Potter and the Nocturnal's eponymous CD right now, and I'll replay it once more before putting in a quieter CD, one of Jack Johnson's.

I've a shot of Irish in some water, and I expect to drink a bit of tea too, English Breakfast, no doubt, before I crash out.

I recommend all of the above, by the way.

The handouts, though. I'd best get back to those.