Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pieces of Luck

Or, Incense-Goddesses.


Originally, I put wooden skewers through each clay piece for support, but now that each piece is finished, those holes are handy for incense sticks.


Incense-Goddesses: sculpture mix; green or blue glazing, layered. Each piece was a 20-minute live model exercise.


If you are interested in having such a figurine yourself, let me know. They are a bit rough, obviously, but no rougher than a lot of figurines I've seen in specialty stores.

If you want a custom incense-goddess (or god), if you are willing to model for your own figurine, contact me and we'll see how that could work. I'd get live practice, certainly, and you just might get a piece of sculpture that not only holds incense sticks, but that holds your own (rough) likeness, and I'd call that a piece of luck.

I have no idea how serious I am about such offers. I guess I'll decide if I get any actual responses.