Saturday, November 6, 2010

Point Reyes Flashback




I'm too busy at my desk to break out the kayak this week, so I'm turning to past photos for solace. Here are a few from a jaunt at Drakes Estero. Gerald and I paddled down from the oyster farm through heavy fog to the Drakes Bay itself, where we played in the shallow waves of the Estero's mouth. On the way back, we had sunshine, but also had some navigational issues since everything looked so different (duh!) without the fog! Which was fun, in a different, slightly stressful way.

Fall 2009. Good fun.

Possible correction: one shot looks more like Tomales Bay than the Estero, and yet how could it be mixed in with the others? (I guess there's some kayaking to be done soon to double-check.)

Still, Point Reyes National Seashore. Check it out. Great hiking too. Oh, and make a detour to Point Reyes Station on your way to pick up scones at the Bovine Bakery. Best scones I know. The bookstore there will be well worth your time too. But the scones . . . Bovine Bakery.