Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Core: Mask, Snorkel, and Fins

Today I've gone swimming with mask, snorkel, and fins, and even though it was only in a pool rather than in the ocean, I'm feeling much more myself. I say that too much, but every time it is still true, and I'll keep feeling that way, no matter what I say or don't say.

If I were a true poet, I'd write odes and epics to these simple, wonderful pieces of equipment. Perhaps the true child of the sea I yearn to be would prefer to fly naked underwater, free of all gear, but I like to see, to breathe, and to move, and the mask, the snorkel, and the fins help me to be more truly aquatic.

I must write that diving-mystery. You know, the one I want to read and no one else has managed to write yet. That one. Wish me luck.

And go swimming, go diving. Water-time; soul-time.