Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Flying Visit


Quick jaunt last night to the studio. Finding parking in Berkeley on a Friday evening was an ordeal; have to plan that part better next time. Studio almost empty though, so a good relaxed vibe there. Must go again at that time.

The reindeer was broken even before his first trip to the kiln; here, he's almost ready to go in again as a glaze test.

No horns, only one leg: I still think he's a jaunty flier. You know the reindeer song: On Dasher, on Dancer, on Comet, on--yes, this might be Cupid.

I had a difficult time trying to work out the best glazing for Puck here, and I settled for a fairly standard harlequin effect. Or so I think. You never quite know how the glaze will react in combination, or . . . unless you have more practice than I do.


Waves. I borrowed the design idea from an old Viking funeral stone. I still think it's lucky.