Friday, March 18, 2011

Molokini with Keith

Splash action with a shark. See it?
A better shot of the shark.
Keith in the foreground, taking it all in, looking to take another photo, drifting along.
Myself, on the prowl?
Keith, absorbed, (above) and (below) myself, heading up for the boat.
A few images from a great diving day: December 2008.

Keith and I set out with the Maui Dive Shop team for the inside of the Molokini Crater and then somewhere closer to Maui itself, but the conditions were rather rough in the shallow waters, so we ended up doing a drift dive on the Backwall of the crater: very sweet.

Another day I'll write about that trip, the two friends meeting up in Maui for a week of talk-story, imbibing, and diving. Lots of free diving from shore (my favorite); lots of long nights telling old stories and arguing about new events and decisions in our lives.

I'll always treasure that trip.