Sunday, January 10, 2010

Postcard: Pt. Lobos in January

Pt. Lobos, January 2010: I'm standing with Kathie, one of Jim Grass's diving partners. Frank K. took and provided the photo. Kathie and Tom (not pictured) let Frank and myself tag along with them. Everyone that I've met through Dr. James Grass has been especially welcoming and helpful.

Note that I'm still wearing half my wetsuit in anticipation of a second dive. (Actually, the first dive was so good, so long, and so cold that--uncharacteristically--there was no second dive for me. I traded that potential water-time for lunch with Frank. Kathie and Tom went back underwater to shoot photos; Frank and I headed for Phat Burger in Seaside. And, the burger, a bacon cheeseburger actually, was really, really good.)

Chilly, yet mild for January; wool helped, still. Surge, sure, but not so bad. Good visibility: 35-40 feet. A fine diving-day.